White Bean and Tomato Bruschetta Salad
Turn an Italian bread topping into a salad with this delicious bean and vegetable recipe!
- 2 small tomatoes (diced) OR 16 oz. canned, no-salt-added, diced tomatoes (drained, rinsed)
- 1 clove fresh, minced garlic OR 1 tsp. jarred, minced garlic
- 1 green onion (chopped, (green part only)
- 8 oz. canned, low-sodium white beans (such as Cannellini beans), drained, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil (chopped) OR 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup low-moisture, part-skim, shredded mozzarella
- 4 cups mixed greens or arugula
Combine all ingredients except salad greens and marinate 5-10 minutes. Toss with salad greens. Serve chilled.
Source: American Heart Association