Apple Pear Crisp
Add a twist to your crisp this fall season by incorporating two delicious autumnal fruits.
- 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons trans-fat-free tub margarine, chilled in freezer for 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon stevia sugar blend
- 1 large pear, such as Anjou or Bartlett, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia sweetener OR 1 stevia sweetener packet
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 large apple, such as Granny Smith, Fuji, or Gala, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the crisp ingredients. Spoon ½ cup of the apple-pear mixture into four 6-ounce ovenproof glass custard cups or porcelain ramekins.
- In a small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients until well blended. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit mixture in each custard cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fruit mixture is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
Recipe source: American Heart Association