Use Your Wellness Allowance to Stay Healthy and Save
CareAdvantage Preferred HMO members receive $175 per calendar year to lead a healthy lifestyle. Your Wellness Allowance can be used toward:
- Membership in a qualified health or fitness club
- Fitness classes such as yoga, Pilates, tai chi, and aerobics
- A Matter of Balance program
- The Arthritis Foundation exercise program
- Online instructional fitness classes or membership fees for online fitness subscriptions (such as Peloton)
- NEW– Starting January 1, 2024, you can use your Wellness Allowance benefit for pool-based classes and pool facilities.
- Nutritional counseling sessions
- Healthy Eating for Successful Living program
- Participation in the Enhance Wellness Program, including memory fitness activities
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
- Diabetes workshop program
- Healthy IDEAS program
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers class
- AAA Senior Driving program
- Visits to a licensed acupuncturist
How to get your reimbursement
The Wellness Allowance Reimbursement Form has all the instructions you need for getting your reimbursement. You can submit several forms during the year that total $175, or you can send in one form for up to $175.
Note: You have until March 31, 2024, to submit reimbursement requests for covered purchases made in 2023.
Need exercise tips?
Everyone can benefit from staying active. Learn about different types of exercise and the activities that may be available at your fitness center.
The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. See your Evidence of Coverage at carepartnersct.com/documents or call Members Services at 1-888-341-1507 (HMO) or 1-866-632-0060 (PPO) (TTY: 711) for more information.