CareAdvantage Prime (HMO) Members—it’s easy to stay with CarePartners of Connecticut
As you may already know, CarePartners of Connecticut plan, CareAdvantage Prime (HMO) will not be offered in 2024. You should have recently received a letter from us explaining your options, but additional details are provided here as well. We know this disruption may be challenging and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. The good news is you can select one of our other plan options and stay with CarePartners of Connecticut.
Why is your current plan not offered in 2024?
We are required by Medicare to discontinue our CareAdvantage Prime (HMO) plan because not enough people chose to enroll in this specific plan. Our two other plan options, Care Advantage Preferred HMO and Access PPO are not affected by this requirement and provide excellent benefits and access to our expansive network of over 15,000 local providers, including Hartford Health Care and Yale New Haven Health.
Can you stay with CarePartners of Connecticut?
Yes. You can select one of our other plan options, Care Advantage Preferred HMO or Access PPO and continue to be covered by CarePartners of Connecticut. Selecting one of our other plan options may even save you money compared to your current plan. This easy-to-use benefit chart compares your current plan to both our Preferred HMO plan and our Access PPO plan so you can easily compare coverage options.
When do you need to select a new plan?
You have two time periods for selecting a new plan. We recommend selecting a new plan before December 31, 2023, in order to avoid losing prescription drug coverage and the comprehensive medical coverage you have come to expect as a CarePartners of Connecticut member:
- Choose a new plan by December 31, 2023.
- Your current coverage in CareAdvantage Prime (HMO) will end on December 31, 2023. If you don’t select a new plan by this date your coverage will consist of Original Medicare only. Original Medicare doesn’t include prescription drug coverage.
- Choose a new plan by February 29, 2024.
- If you don’t select a new plan by December 31, 2023, you will be placed in Original Medicare, but you will have an additional opportunity to select a new plan between January 1, 2024 and February 29, 2024. If you join a new Medicare plan AFTER December 31, your coverage in the new plan won’t start until the month after you join.
- Please note that if you don’t join a plan with prescription drug coverage or a stand-alone Prescription Drug Plan with Original Medicare by February 29, 2024, you won’t have prescription drug coverage in 2024 and you may have to pay a lifetime Part D late-enrollment penalty if you join a Medicare prescription drug plan later.
We are here to help
We value your membership and are available to assist you with any questions. Our knowledgeable representatives can explain all your options and help you find the plan that’s right for you. Give us a call before December 31 to avoid any disruption in coverage. Call today at 1-844-387-5370 (TTY: 711). Representatives are available 7 days a week, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.