Your ZIP Code spans multiple counties.
Slow Cooker Turkey and Black Bean Chili (or Vegetarian 3-Bean Chili)
This delicious chili recipe can be made with ground turkey - or without for a great vegetarian option.
- 2 pounds ground, skinless turkey breast
- 2 15.5-oz cans no-salt-added red kidney beans and 2 15.5-oz cans no-salt-added pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans no-salt-added black beans (rinsed, drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can no-salt-added, diced tomato (undrained)
- 2 cans no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (crumbled)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 4 medium garlic cloves (minced)
In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients. Divide the chili between two 1-gallon resealable plastic freezer bags. Place the bags flat in the freezer and freeze.
Directions for Cooking
Thaw the bags overnight in the refrigerator. Pour the contents of the bags into a slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the turkey is no longer pink and the beans are tender.
Recipe source: American Heart Association