Your ZIP Code spans multiple counties.
Annual Wellness Visit (AWV)
An Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) can foster provider-patient engagement and promote preventive health. Many components of an AWV, if done by the health care provider, meet the criteria for the Health Outcome Survey for CMS Star measures. AWVs are also associated with closing quality gaps.
Components to focus on during an AWV:
- Health-risk assessment
- Medication review and discussion
- Medical and family history
- Emotional and cognitive health screening
- Assessment of functional ability such as Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) and safety such as fall risk and hearing impairment
- Health counseling on topics like fall prevention, incontinence, physical activity and more
- Advance care planning